Prevent problems before they occur: Top 10 tips
- Get your vehicle ready for winter in the fall.
- Install four matching winter tires.
- Pack an emergency kit.
- Learn and practice winter driving techniques before you need them.
- Plan your trip, check road and weather conditions.
- Remove all snow from your vehicle before each trip.
- Give yourself extra travel time in bad weather.
- Avoid using cruise control on slippery roads.
- Travel with a fully charged cell phone.
- SLOW DOWN and WEAR your seatbelt.
Prevention is better than recovery
Winter driving can be risky, so be prepared.
Information from Transport Canada
Do you have a fabulous shop space that you would like to open up to Wrenching Bettys? Would you like us to come and teach women how to maintain their cars? If you do, we want to hear from you! We are currently looking for shop spaces in the Metro Vancouver area that would like to host a Wrenching Betty one day workshop or a class series. Your shop must meet our discriminating standards and have a washroom our participants can use.
We can offer you and your clients some goodies (discounts, advertising etc) in return for hosting us and our gals. Please get in touch with us, and let's see what we can come up with.